SEREGNO, ITALY — Winter is here. BKT, one of today’s leading off-highway tire manufacturers, has carefully developed specific patterns to face the entire cold season. Solutions that are not only conceived for tackling muddy or snowy surfaces, but also for providing top performance in normal conditions on dry terrain — satisfying the differing technical requirements according to surface and condition.Both tread and compound have been designed for keeping tire features unchanged even at low temperatures, and for providing traction and grip on wet, snowy or slippery terrain.
BKT has taken into account all these aspects when developing its winter ranges. All these solutions distinguish by maximum grip, optimum braking response in any condition, safety, handling, riding comfort, resistance and durability. Hence, these tires are perfect for operating in a cold and harsh climate.
Winter tires for OTR applications
• Earthmax SR 22 (G-2/L-2) is an all steel radial tire specifically designed for graders and loaders operating in extreme winter conditions on ice or snow. This tire features excellent traction and extraordinary stability thanks to its large, non-directional tread design, which also ensures utmost safety and increased grip on wet surfaces or snow. Presently available on the markets are three sizes: 14.00 R 24, 17.5 R 25 and 20.5 R 25.
• SNOW TRAC as well has nothing to hide. It is perfect for skid steers operating in road applications at the hardest winter conditions. The great plus is excellent traction. It is an ideal tire for operations on snow or ice thanks to the special tread design that eliminates the risk of slippage providing at the same time optimum driving comfort to the operator. This tire is extremely durable and resistant against cuts and chips. It is available on the market in six sizes: 16.9 – 24, 18.4 – 24, 15.5 – 25, 17.5 – 25, 20.5 – 25 and 23.5 – 25.
• The circle of winter OTR tires closes with Earthmax SR 42, which has been specifically developed for haul trains in mining or heavy logging applications. Its tread compound has been specially engineered to provide particular resistance against cuts and wear, and to ensure safety at extremely low temperatures. Besides, the tread design ensures a high level of traction, excellent braking response and cornering even on terrain covered by ice and snow.
The tire is available on the market in size 14.00 R 25
Winter tires for industrial applications
• Designed for universal vehicles, Earthmax SR 33 has a characteristic block pattern providing superior traction on any surface, including ice and snow. In addition, it boasts excellent self-cleaning features and stability ensuring a longer service life and increased resistance against chips and punctures. The tire is available on the market in size 395/85 R 20.
• Thanks to its unique design, Ridemax IT 696, provides the necessary grip on the road even in the harshest climate. Excellent self-cleaning properties and low rolling resistance complete the product profile — ideal features for transport and municipality/maintenance applications.
This tire is available in many sizes: 340/80 R 18, 300/80 R 24, 340/80 R 24, 400/80 R 24, 400/80 R 2, 440/80 R 28, 440/80 R 30, 480/80 R 30, 440/80 R 34, 480/80 R 34 and 480/80 R 38.
Visit the website www.bkt-tires.com for further information.