In its annual recognition of companies that are exemplifying practices that result in manufacturing excellence, the Tennessee Association of Manufacturers (TAM) has named Roadtec, Inc., headquartered in Chattanooga, as the winner of the “Company of the Year” Excellence Award.
“We are very proud to have been selected for this prestigious honor, which underscores the Astec Core Values that all of us here live each day,” stated John J. Irvine III, president of Roadtec. “This truly is an honor that all at Roadtec have earned and can share, because we all work to a common goal of serving our customers.”
Irvine went on to point out that the company’s commitment to product quality is interwoven with its safety practices and being good stewards of the community and environment. “It all fits together and contributes to this achievement,” he said.
The award not only recognizes Roadtec’s current employees’ commitment, but those of the past also. The qualifications that must be met for this manufacturing excellence award is a process and a commitment that takes years to implement and sustain.
To win the award, Roadtec needed to excel in the following categories and criteria:
- Shows a strong corporate commitment to safety;
- Displays evidence of a solid environmental program with improvement as a target;
- Displays evidence of energy-reduction process improvements as a target;
- Displays evidence of quality improvements in the overall manufacturing process with the aim to provide the customer with zero defective products;
- Shows evidence of continuous improvement in manufacturing methods;
- Displays evidence of sound practices in business operations;
- Shows evidence of employee engagement;
- Employee appreciation is apparent;
- Displays evidence of community involvement; and
- Site is clean, safe and well organized.
The Tennessee Association of Manufacturers hosted its annual Manufacturers Excellence Awards Luncheon where Tennessee Senator Lamar Alexander delivered the keynote address.
The Manufacturers Excellence Awards are presented in the categories of Energy, Environment, Safety and Company of the Year, and serve to distinguish entire organizations for their overall achievements and positive impacts.
In addition to Roadtec, award finalists included AdTech Ceramics, Astec, Inc., Chattanooga Labeling, EPB, Koch Foods, Lectrus, Miller Industries, Siskin Steel, and Tennessee American Water Company.
Tim Lewis, director of operations for Roadtec concluded, “Winning such a wonderful award not only makes us feel good, but motivates us to continue making Roadtec a safe environment to work in and a producer of high quality equipment which is an exceptional value to our customers.”
For more information contact Eric Baker, director of marketing and sales support, Roadtec, as ASTEC Industries Co., at 423-265-0600 or email email@example.com.