Two-day auction attracts 6,350+ bidders from 58 countries; approx. 62% of equipment sold online
HOUSTON, TX — At its second Houston auction of the year, Ritchie Bros. sold more than 4,400 equipment items over two days for US$47+ million.
More than 6,350 people registered to bid in the April 16 – 17 auction, including 4,900+ registering to participate online. U.S. buyers purchased approximately 89 percent of the equipment, including 46 percent purchased by Texas buyers, while international buyers from such countries as Australia, India, and the United Kingdom purchased 11 percent of the equipment. Online buyers purchased 62 percent of the assets.
“We continue to see record attendance at our Texas events this year with another great crowd this week in Houston—up 33 percent year over year,” said Alan McVicker, Regional Sales Manager, Ritchie Bros. “Bidders were very active, competing on a great selection of equipment consigned from more than 650 owners. For those buyers unable to get what they needed in Houston we have an online IronPlanet auction today (Thursday, April 18) with close to 1,000 items available.”
Equipment highlights in the April Houston auction included 320+ truck tractors, 325+ trailers, 120+ excavators, 110+ compactors, 50+ skid steers, 45 dozers, 45 cranes, 160 aerial work platforms and more. All items were sold without minimum bids or reserve prices.
Specific sales highlights:
- A 2005 Demag/Terex AC140 170-ton 10x8x8 all-terrain crane sold for US$400,000
- A 2008 Link-Belt 218 Hylab HSL 110-ton crawler crane sold for US$335,000
- A 2008 Grove RT890E 90-ton 4×4 rough terrain crane sold for US$215,000
- A 2015 Peterbilt 367 tri-drive w/ National NBT40 40-ton boom truck sold for US$305,000
- A 2014 Bomag RS446 4x4x4 soil stabilizer sold for US$155,000
- A 2012 Komatsu PC650LC-8EO hydraulic excavator sold for US$150,000
- A 2012 Caterpillar 924K wheel loader sold for US$117,500
- A 2013 Caterpillar D6T XL dozer sold for US$102,500
AUCTION QUICK FACTS: HOUSTON, TX (April 2019)
- Total gross transactional value – US$47+ million
- Amount sold to online bidders – US$29+ million (62 percent)
- Total registered bidders (in person and online) – 6,350+
- Registered online bidders – 4,900+
- Total lots sold – 4,400+
- Number of sellers – 650+
Ritchie Bros. currently has more than 40,000 equipment items, trucks, and other assets listed for sale through its various marketplaces. The company’s next onsite auction in Texas will be held in Fort Worth on May 14 – 15, 2019. For a complete list of upcoming auctions and equipment available, visit rbauction.com and ironplanet.com.