Morbark’s Demo Days event always brings a great deal of excitement to the area and its guests — and this year was no exception. From Sept. 26-28, more than 250 guests within the forestry, biomass, recycling, sawmill and tree care industries from 14 countries were welcomed to Morbark for its 12th Demo Days event.
Morbark has a world-class dealer network and the company’s Demo Days give their customers and other attendees the opportunity to not only watch the equipment in action but to also meet the people who build and support the equipment as they tour the manufacturing facility. Events included factory tours, networking opportunities, vendor booths and a chance to see the equipment up close.
But perhaps the most exciting aspect of this year’s event was the introduction of the new 23X Chiparvestor®. “In designing the 23X Chiparvestor whole tree disc chipper, Morbark followed the same thought process and ideals as we did in creating the other X-series of next-generation Morbark equipment,” said Michael Stanton, Morbark director of industrial sales. “We took our previous proven design technology and focused on minimizing downtime, increasing production and making improvements that will help contribute to customer success.”
Morbark has been producing mobile whole tree disc chippers since the 1970s, and like the previous Model 23 Chiparvestors, the 23X uses a 75” (190.5 cm) diameter x 5” (12.7 cm) thick chipper disc to chip large volumes of wood, while the built-in dirt separator with deflector keeps the end product clean.
Key improvements of the 23X over the previous models include:
• Increased ground clearance with four super single flotation tires for mobilization on uneven logging jobs
• 8’6” (2.59 m) width for legal transport worldwide
• Simplified feed system that includes a two-wheel hydraulic feed system consisting of a 35” x 56” (88.9 cm x 142.2 cm) top feed wheel and 13” x 56” (33.2 cm x 142.2 cm) bottom feed wheel
• An independent disc drive tensioning system for ease of adjustment
• Large work platform for easier and safer disc inspections and maintenance
• Improved Chipper Hood design that allows for better access to the disc during inspections and maintenance
• Integrated skidder bar as standard to allow for easier staging and repositioning of chipping on the landing
“Morbark continues to listen closely to our customers, providing the features they want and need and delivering on our promise of making heavy-duty equipment that helps enable them to succeed,” continued Stanton.
Since this is the first Morbark Demo Days since the company acquired Rayco® in November 2017, participants were able to see a demonstration of Rayco forestry mulchers and an aerial trimmer and also had opportunity to operate the equipment. The event culminated with demonstrations of equipment for the forestry, biomass, recycling and tree care markets.