CAMBRIDGE, MA — GCP Applied Technologies Inc. (NYSE: GCP) has introduced the TYTRO® Shotcrete System, a complete state of the art admixture solution that makes shotcrete for underground construction better, faster and less expensive than conventional systems available today. The TYTRO System includes a nanotechnology based rheology control agent, patented macro synthetic fibers, and a number of other newly developed admixtures that enhance productivity of the spraying operation and material performance.
“Our TYTRO Shotcrete System provides improved agility and additional capabilities that applicators and global contractors have been demanding for decades,” said Adam Grose, president, Specialty Construction Chemicals, GCP Applied Technologies.
The TYTRO Shotcrete System provides underground construction professionals with the capability to reduce operating costs and minimize excavation downtime, without sacrificing performance or relaxing safety standards. The TYTRO Shotcrete System provides faster early strength and enhanced bonding to rock with an increased one pass thickness buildup. The system also minimizes rebound during spraying.
Main advantages* provided by the TYTRO Shotcrete System compared to conventional mixes include:
- Up to 10 percent lower installed cost, achieved through mix optimization, waste minimization and shorter cycle times;
- Rebound rates reduced down to five to eight percent;
- Faster re-entry times, due to more rapid early age strength development at equal accelerator dosage rate;
- Superior bond to rock and adhesion between layers, providing greater thickness in one pass; and
- More robust and dosage efficient system.
“Our technical specialists have analyzed the unique challenges of underground construction projects to create customized mix designs, delivering the most optimized and cost efficient concrete mix for each project. We also support our customers with world class site support and training,” said Grose.
The TYTRO Shotcrete System includes the following products:
- TYTRO® WR: High range water reducing admixtures for shotcrete that provide superior flow, prolonged slump life, and excellent plasticity, maximizing strength performance by allowing a lower water to cementitious materials ratio (w/cm);
- TYTRO® HC: Cement hydration control admixture, extending the working life of shotcrete up to 72 hours;
- TYTRO® RC: Innovative pozzolan based rheology control admixture that is designed to reduce installed material cost when used as a replacement for silica fume or other cementitious materials. It provides faster early strength, superior bond to rock, enhanced sprayability, lower rebound, and reduced cycle times;
- TYTRO® SA: Latest generation of high performance, alkali free set accelerators, specifically formulated to provide high early strength at low dosage rates and improve productivity by shortening the time of setting without compromising long term strength and durability;
- STRUX® BT: Macro fibers featuring a patented design developed for underground shotcrete applications and offering superior flexural toughness and post-crack energy absorption;
- TYTRO® AE: Air entraining admixture for use in shotcrete mixes to protect against damage from freeze/thaw cycles; and
- TYTRO® RM: Rheology modifying and mix enhancing admixtures formulated to improve the pumpability and sprayability of the shotcrete mix.
GCP’s complete portfolio of solutions for the mining and infrastructure tunneling industries includes admixtures for shotcrete and concrete, proprietary fiber reinforcement systems, injection technologies for ground support and waterproofing systems for shotcrete. The company combines its technical expertise in shotcrete mix design optimization, onsite monitoring systems and ground control technologies to fit to every project’s unique needs. GCP’s technical specialists work to provide solutions to overcome project geotechnical challenges around the world.
*Referenced results are based on internal and external test data. Results may vary due to temperature conditions, mix design, cementitious materials content and aggregate gradations.
More information is available at GCPAT.com .