The specialist in construction equipment data has received the “Solar Impulse Efficient Solution” label, rewarding profitable solutions to protect the environment.
Founded by Bertrand Piccard, the Solar Impulse Foundation is dedicated to meeting ecological challenges without hindering economic growth. In 2017, it launched the “Beyond 1,000 Solutions” initiative, which consists in identifying and labeling over 1,000 solutions for protecting the environment in a profitable way, whether it is in terms of technology, systems or services provided both by start-ups and large companies.
The “Solar Impulse Efficient Solution” label that Hiboo has just been awarded is one of the leading labels for positive impact businesses bringing together protection of the environment and financial viability. Each candidate for the label undergoes a thorough assessment by independent external experts.
This label is a recognition of the effectiveness of the technological solutions developed by Hiboo; which enable companies involved in the construction industry to reduce the carbon footprint left by their operations and yet remain competitive by dint of analyzing the data produced by construction site vehicles and equipment and thereby optimizing their usage.
By means of its technology and solutions, Hiboo, for example, allows companies to:
- Measure equipment emissions in terms of CO2 and identify improvements that can be made in order to reduce them;
- Reduce the length of time equipment remains idle, resulting in saving up to seven tons of CO2, per equipment per year;
- Reduce the fleet by 20% by optimizing the deployment of trucks and loading;
- Gather all the data from a fleet of equipment in no time at all, and save the months of work involved in the burdensome procedures of data integration;
- Halve the idling time of equipment, and save almost 15,000€ per equipment per year.
“Being awarded the Solar Impulse Foundation label is real recognition for Hiboo, which provides the construction industry with technology and data analysis that make it possible to reduce the carbon footprint – a major issue in the coming years.”
Clément BÉNARD, CEO and co-founder of Hiboo