STP Unit 3 – Planning and Scheduling, Syracuse (NY)
January 29 - February 21
The Supervisory Training Program (STP) developed by AGC, is designed specifically to meet the needs of the construction industry. Developed, updated, and field-tested by and for contractors, the Program consists of 6 courses that focus on the knowledge and skills that every supervisor must have to be an effective manager of people, time, equipment and materials.
This course includes the following sessions:
– Planning and Scheduling: introducing concepts and skills used in planning and scheduling; defining the planning process; comparing day-to-day planning with long-term planning.
– Preparing the Project Plan: defining construction activities; activity scope or size; duration of activities; putting the activities together; activity relationships.
– Communicating the Plan: what needs to be communicated; developing and using the Bar Chart; the tabular schedule; scheduling material delivery.
– The Critical Path: network scheduling and the critical path; calculating lag into the network.
– Scheduling Software and Applications: introduction to computer use in scheduling; entering data; the use of constraints in the scheduling process; using the resources feature with scheduling software; sorting and filtering activities; formatting options.
– Using the Schedule on the Jobsite: crew allocation using the schedule; information for subcontractors and suppliers; the short-term schedule.
– Updating the Construction Schedule: using the short-term schedule; updating the schedule.
– The Schedule as Documentation: schedule revision after update; the schedule as documentation; subcontractor delay.
Cost: $250/person for AGC NYS and Syracuse Builders Exchange Members
$375/person – Nonmembers
Click here to download a registration form