Nomination Deadline: December 1, 2020
Program starts December 16-17
The Associated General Contractors of New York State proudly presents a program designed to assist the construction contractor member in developing future construction company managers and leaders. The Future Construction Leaders of New York State (FCLNYS) program will help teach the issues involved in managing a construction business in New York State. Attendees will have an opportunity to learn, in a structured environment, what they might otherwise spend years learning from personal experience.
AGC of NYS Contractor and Associate Members, AGC staff, and other industry experts will address the FCLNYS group on a variety of topics, such as:
- Introduction to AGC of NYS, AGC of America and other industry associations
- Design, subcontracting, and other industry issues
- Business management issues
- Employer and labor relations issues
- Bonding and insurance basics
- Project delivery systems
- Construction contract documents
- Dispute resolution options
- Work Compensation and Risk Management
- Marketing & Business Development
- Partnering and Specification Review
- Basics of NYS government, state contracting agencies, bidding procedures, legislative issues
- Human Resources Issues specific to our industry
These class sessions will not be purely lectures; they will involve energetic discussions with lots of questions and answers. The program will be conducted in person.
DECEMBER 16-17, 2020 – ALBANY
MARCH 2021 – TBD
MAY 2021 – ROCHESTER, NY
JULY 2021 – AGC NYS SUMMER MEETING
Cost: $2100/person. Member must be nominated by
Senior Management and/or President/CEO.
Click here to download a nomination/registration form.