MCLEAN, VA — The Construction Industry Round Table (CIRT), a national business trade association comprised exclusively of approximately 125 chief executives from the leading design and construction companies doing business in the United States and globally, has elected Wassim A. Selman, PhD, PE, president of infrastructure, Arcadis, as Chairman of the organization for a term of one year. He succeeds Paul Franzen, president of Barnard Construction. Selman was elected by proxy vote, along with new directors, after CIRT’s Spring Conference was cancelled due to the pandemic.
“I am most honored to serve you and this exceptional organization as the chair for the next 12 months. Since our last conference back in November, CIRT, our members, our families and friends, our country, and the entire world have and continue to face the unprecedented impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic and the ensuing economic shutdowns.
These are turbulent times that require all of us to rise to the challenge and to lead our businesses and this wonderful organization through uncharted territories. I am rising to the challenge and the honor of chairing CIRT and will work with you on the way to our bright future.”
In welcoming the new Chairman, CIRT President Mark A. Casso, Esq., NAC noted, “Wassim’s calm demeanor, thoughtful insights, and commitment to inclusion, the Round Table couldn’t have selected a better leader in these trying times, even if we went to central casting.”
The following members were also elected as Officers by proxy vote:
- Greg Cosko, President & CEO, Hathaway Dinwiddie, San Francisco, CA as Vice Chairman;
- Peter Emmons, CEO, Structural Group, Columbia, MD as Treasurer; and
- Paul Frazen, President, Barnard Construction, Inc., Bozeman, MT will continue to serve on the Executive Committee as Immediate Past Chairman.
In addition to the executive committee elections, CIRT also welcomed the following four industry leaders as new directors who will serve on the board through 2023:
- Ken Aldridge, Chairman, Aldridge Electric, Inc., Libertyville, IL
- Tom Reilly, Executive Vice President, Turner Construction Company, New York, NY
- Chris Traylor, Co-President, Traylor Bros., Evansville, IN
- Jim Whitaker, FAIA, FDBIA, Director of Government & Alternative Project Delivery Principal, HKS, Inc., Dallas, TX
“We offer congratulations to our new officers and directors; and thank all of our current and outgoing directors for their service to CIRT and its members as well as the design / construction industry,” said Casso.