The highest honors in the C&D recycling industry are the awards from the C&D Recycling Association. The nomination process is now open for the 2018 edition of the awards, and we would like to hear who you think is worthy of this spotlight. Specifically, we are seeking nominations in two categories:
C&D Recycling Hall of Fame
This institution is to honor those prominent leaders and pioneers in the Construction and Demolition Recycling industry who have made an extraordinary contribution to the industry and who have earned the respect of the industry. Additionally, to honor those who have made an extraordinary contribution to their community, both personally and professionally.
To recognize the achievements of those who have shown, by their example, the importance of promoting and defending the environmentally sound recycling of Construction and Demolition material through innovative processes along with encouraging and supporting others to build a career in the Construction and Demolition Recycling Industry.
To recognize leadership in advocating for the environmentally sound practices with the regulating agencies and legislative bodies governing waste regulations.
Candidates for the Hall of Fame:
- Must exemplify leadership; defined as outstanding and enduring contributions to the success of the industry and to improving the processes, efficiencies and/or the human relations of the industry in an active capacity for a minimum of 10 years.
- Business actions and personal behavior should demonstrate courageous thinking and actions as well as vision and innovation.
- Candidates can come from the industry as an owner, operator or vendor.
C&D Recycler of the Year
The Operator of the Year is meant to honor those Recycling Operations in the Construction and Demolition Recycling industry who have made an extraordinary contribution to the industry through the one or more of the following criteria:
- Advancing business operations that result in increased recycling percentages
- Developing novel methods of marketing and conducting business
- Innovative practices in employer-employee relations
- Ensuring safer operations
- Protecting the environment
- Developing industry standards
Deadline for entries is Dec. 15, 2017. The awards will be given out at C&D World 2018, Feb. 10-13 in Nashville. For more information, contact the CDRA at 866-758-4721; email@example.com. Or download the applications at http://www.cdrecycling.org/cdra-awards.