Barford Equipment, the UK-based manufacturer of track, mobile and stationary screens, wheeled and tracked conveyors and trailers, has just announced three new equipment models meeting demand from global customers for high specification and competitively prices solutions.
“The world’s construction machinery, aggregate, quarrying and mining markets have long appreciated the equipment available under the Barford banner and over recent months we have significantly expanded both the range of machines on offer as well as the global distributor base from which they can be sourced,” explained Stephen Murphy, distribution manager for the Barford product range. “Barford is a well-known brand in the UK and across Europe, having built an enviable reputation and possessing a long and illustrious history, but it was relatively unknown in the U.S. market — but that’s changing.”
The new Barford models being introduced this summer comprise the TR8048 track mounted stockpile conveyor, the BF7042 tracked mounted bin feeder and the SM312, a single axle mobile double deck screen.
• TR8048 has an 80-foot reach and a 48-inch wide belt. It also includes a twin-drive discharge belt complete with hydraulic slew hubs and a Cat 2.2 turbo engine with hydraulic oil cooler and a remote control movement.
• BF7042 has a 42-inch wide belt and an extended reach of 70 feet. Other features include a twin-drive discharge belt complete with hydraulic slew hubs and a Cat 4.4 elect automation control movement. It also ships with a mulch option that has an agitator attachment to break up material before it goes onto the belt and there is a larger BF7048 mulch variant.
• SM312 is a single-axle mobile 12-by-4-foot double deck screen complete with double drive pump to suit auxiliary, extended folding fines conveyors and incorporates a CAT 2.2 37kw engine and removable towbar.
Earlier this year Barford successfully entered the U.S. market, launching the SR-124 and the S-104, two new track-mounted screener units, to meet local demand. Both were previewed at the Spring Sale in Kissimmee, FL, in February, coordinated by top auctioneers Yoder & Frey, and proved to be the perfect event to develop brand awareness among prospective distributor representatives and buyers. As a direct result it has signed up a number of Barford Equipment distributers and the objective is to have one in each U.S. state.
Further afield, several new distributors have also been signed up in Australia to cover both Perth and Sydney. The European network is also undergoing expansion with new distributors being signed up in several of the key EU markets but others are still being actively sought, particularly those with direct mining, aggregate, recycling and construction sector knowledge and experience.
Barford tracked SR-124 and S-104 three-way split screeners
The two robust and refined Barford screeners launched earlier this year are:
• SR-124 (pictured): A tracked three way split heavy duty screener with a 12 x 4 screen box.
• S-104: A tracked three way split inclined screener with a 10 x 4 screen box.
Both screeners are able to fit into their own 40-foot HC container for ease in shipping. This is a key feature of the Barford range that has been incorporated into the design from the outset.
The SR-124 is built around a Caterpillar power unit. While renowned British manufacturer JCB produces the engine on the S-104, it is also available with a Deutz engine.
Other Barford manufactured products
In addition to the two tracked screeners being launched, Barford Equipment also manufacturers a range of straight and radial tracked and wheeled stockpile conveyors. Other products include the D16 (a 16 ton, twin axle dump trailer), the R15 (a 15 ton twin axle rock trailer) and the L22 (a 19 ton, 22 foot long chassis twin axle low loader).
There is also a range of screen boxes including the popular US40 with its 40ft2 (3.75m2) total screening area. Other models provide 20ft2 (1.8M2) or 70ft2 (6.5m2) screening areas.