The American Concrete Institute (ACI) is pleased to recognize several individuals for their outstanding contributions and dedication to ACI and the concrete industry. The 2018 honorees include the induction of Honorary Members, ACI’s highest honor, which recognizes persons of eminence in the field of the Institute’s interest, or one who has performed extraordinary meritorious service to the Institute. The following six individuals are inducted as Honorary Members: Florian Barth, James Harris, William Hime, Frank Kozelski, S.K. Manjrekar, and Edward K. Rice. View citations.
ACI is also pleased to recognize 24 individuals for maintaining their membership and participating in ACI activities for at least five decades. ACI honors 24 new Fellows for their outstanding contributions to the production or use of concrete materials, products, and structures in the areas of education, research, development, design, construction, or management.
The following medals and awards recognize exemplary achievement, groundbreaking research, and service to ACI and the concrete industry:
- ARTHUR R. ANDERSON MEDAL – David W. Fowler
- ROGER H. CORBETTA CONCRETE CONSTRUCTOR AWARD – Chris Plue
- JOE W. KELLY AWARD – Antonio Nanni
- HENRY L. KENNEDY AWARD – Rolf Pawski
- ALFRED E. LINDAU AWARD – Cary Kopczynski
- HENRY C. TURNER MEDAL – John T. Wolsiefer and Tony Kojundic
- CHARLES S. WHITNEY MEDAL – Roberto Stark
- CEDRIC WILLSON LIGHTWEIGHT AGGREGATE CONCRETE AWARD – Karl F. Meyer
- CONCRETE SUSTAINABILITY AWARD – Martha G. VanGeem
- ACI CERTIFICATION AWARD –Thomas L. Rozsits, Genaro L. Salinas, Wayne M. Wilson
- ACI YOUNG MEMBER AWARD FOR PROFESSIONAL ACHIEVEMENT – Amir Bonakdar, Dimitri Feys, J. Bret Robertson
- WASON MEDAL FOR MOST MERITORIOUS PAPER – N.J. (John) Gardner; Lloyd Keller; Kamal H. Khayat; David A. Lange; and Ahmed R. Omran
- ACI CONSTRUCTION AWARD – Brian P. Cresenzi
- WASON MEDAL FOR MATERIALS RESEARCH – Hocine Siad, Mohamed Lachemi, Mustafa Şahmaran, and Khandaker M. Anwar Hossain
- CHESTER PAUL SIESS AWARD FOR EXCELLENCE IN STRUCTURAL RESEARCH – Giorgio Talotti Proestos, Gwang-Min Bae, Jae-Yeol Cho, Evan C. Bentz, and Michael P. Collins
- ACI DESIGN AWARD – Luis E. García, Mete A. Sozen, Anthony E. Fiorato, Luis E. Yamín, and Juan F. Correal
- DELMAR L. BLOEM DISTINGUISHED SERVICE AWARD – Thomas Van Dam, Maria Juenger, Carin Roberts-Wollmann, Julie K. Buffenbarger
- ACI STRATEGIC ADVANCEMENT AWARD – Michael J. Paul
- WALTER P. MOORE, JR. FACULTY ACHIEVEMENT AWARD – Matthew D. Lovell
- ACI EDUCATION AWARD – William E. Rushing Jr., William D. Palmer Jr.
- CHAPTER ACTIVITIES AWARD – Tim Cost, John E. Ellis II, Arturo Gaytan-Covarrubias, William J. Lyons III
ACI Foundation award recipients:
- JEAN-CLAUDE ROUMAIN INNOVATION IN CONCRETE AWARD – Michael Sprinkel
- ARTHUR J. BOASE AWARD – Conrad Paulson
- ROBERT E. PHILLEO AWARD – W. Jason Weiss
Learn more about each of the awardees listed above at www.concrete.org.