FARMINGTON HILLS, MI — The ACI Foundation’s Strategic Development Council (SDC) will host its Technology Forum 47, in Charleston, SC, USA, February 11-13, 2020. The forum will include technology showcases that highlight new and innovative equipment, materials, and applications that have the potential to advance the industry, including:
- The Science of Seawater-Mixed Cementitious Materials
- Handheld Instant Air Meter – Fresh Total Air and Specific Surface in Situ
The main Forum program will include a panel presentation moderated by Dr. Lawrence Sutter: “What the New Durability Code Will Mean to You.” Subject matter experts on durability and global codes will share their knowledge and highlight the ACI durability code from the viewpoints of owner, designer, contractor, and researcher. Dr. Sutter is a member of ACI Committee 201, Durability.
Other presentations include:
- “Shaped by Concrete” – PCA’s Integrated Campaign
- Recent Developments and Initiatives from ACI Committee 222 on Corrosion of Metals in Concrete
- Resiliency and Embodied Carbon
- ACI 562 and Adoptions Establish Expectations for All Parties
- Embracing Innovation: Report on ACI’s New Technology Task Group
- The DOT Mindset and Embracing Innovation
- Recap of Productivity Workshop for Improved Concrete Contractor Productivity & Project Quality
SDC is hosting a free workshop on “Productivity in Concrete Construction,” on February 11 prior to the start of the Forum.
SDC collaborates across the concrete industry to address technical challenges within the industry and creates a forum for the introduction and nurturing of new technologies. SDC hosts technology forums twice a year, which are 1.5-day technical conferences that highlight innovative technologies and research the SDC perceives as having positive productivity or economic impacts on the industry.
More information about Technology Forum 47 including registration information, agenda, and past technology forum presentations is available at ConcreteSDC.org.