The Decorative Concrete Council (DCC), a specialty council of the American Society of Concrete Contractors (ASCC), St. Louis, Mo., will be 20 years old in 2018. Made up of concrete contractors that install decorative concrete, manufacturers and other interested parties, the mission of the DCC is to “Advance Decorative Concrete Contractors through Education and Networking.”
“The DCC is the only professional organization dedicated to focusing on the issues, trends and work of the decorative concrete industry, and to meeting the needs of contractors who pursue this specialty market,” says Todd Scharich, decorative concrete specialist for the ASCC.
The council is overseen by an elected board of directors. Members of ASCC can choose to join the DCC for no additional fee and have the added benefit of all the resources, expertise and reputation of the ASCC supporting them.
Membership in the DCC includes a number of member benefits specifically designed for decorative concrete contractors.
- Manned by Scharich, a telephone hotline provides answers to technical questions on decorative concrete design and construction.
- An annual international awards program showcases the best in decorative and architectural concrete projects.
- The opportunity to network with leading decorative concrete contractors, consultants and suppliers.
- Ability to give back through participation in community projects around the country.
- Answers from your peers to business and technical questions where you could use the experience and expertise of other contractors.
- A professional safety program.
“The DCC is ‘our group,’ made up of fellow concrete contractors and suppliers. The reception and wealth of knowledge available to the members is unmatched,” says Scott Truax, CSolutions of GA. “It is easy for me to say, “echoes Tom Ralston, Tom Ralston Concrete, “but I can tell you that the DCC has someone in every nook and cranny available to help you with answers to questions regarding our industry, and they will do so without hesitation and with exuberance.”
The Council will kick-off its 20th year with a party at World of Concrete on Monday, January 22, dedicated to celebrating the anniversary.
The DCC is composed of contractors, manufacturers and suppliers of decorative concrete products. The Council is dedicated to improving the technical and business expertise of the contractors that pursue this specialty market. For more information go to http://www.ascconline.org or call (866) 788-2722.