Awards Program Celebrates Safety Innovations, Ecological Operations, Community Involvement, and Marketing Practices
Lanham, Maryland — The National Asphalt Pavement Association (NAPA) honored the winners and finalists of its 2017 Operational Excellence Awards at a special ceremony last week during the association’s Midyear Meeting in Boston.
“NAPA members strive for excellence beyond constructing high-quality asphalt pavements. The five categories of the Operational Excellence Awards — Asphalt Operations Safety Innovation, Community Involvement, Ecological, Outstanding Brochure, and Outstanding Website — recognize a company’s commitment to operations that make them good contractors, good industry ambassadors, and good neighbors,” stated NAPA Chairman Craig Parker.
The 2017 winners and finalists honored during the ceremony include:
Asphalt Operations Safety Innovation Award Winners:
· The Lane Construction Corp. of West Columbia, S.C., for Cones for Life
· Superior Paving Corp. of Gainesville, Va., for Entry Prevention Interactive Control (EPIC) Safety System
Community Involvement Award Winners:
· Callanan in the Community at Callanan Industries Inc., A CRH Co., of Albany, N.Y.
· Tilcon New York’s Community Relations Program at Tilcon New York Inc., A CRH Co., of Parsippany, N.J.
Community Involvement Award Finalists:
· Northern Middle Tennessee Strategic Marketing Area at Rogers Group Inc. of Gallatin, Tenn.
· Paving the Way to Many Hearts at Virginia Paving Co., division of The Lane Construction Corp., of Chantilly, Va.
Ecological Award Winners:
· Pike Industries Inc., A CRH Co., of Belmont, N.H., for HMA P721
· Superior Asphalt Inc. of Grand Rapids, Mich., for Dutton Plant
Outstanding Brochure Award Winner:
· New Jersey Asphalt Pavement Association of Ewing, N.J., for “Pavement Preservation — Benefits of Thinlays”
Outstanding Website Award Winner:
· Gerken Materials Inc. of Napoleon, Ohio, for GerkenCompanies.com
Outstanding Website Award Winners (State Asphalt Pavement Association):
· Asphalt Contractors Association of Florida of Tallahassee, Fla., for FloridaRidesOnUs.org
· New Jersey Asphalt Pavement Association of Ewing, N.J., for njapa.com
The Operational Excellence Awards honor leaders in the asphalt pavement industry for innovation and excellence in marketing, communications, and community outreach with the Community Involvement, Outstanding Brochure, and Outstanding Website Awards. Companies also are lauded for their responsible practices with the Asphalt Operations Safety Innovations and Ecological Awards.
The Operational Excellence Awards are a counterpart to NAPA’s annual Quality in Construction Awards, which recognize asphalt paving jobs completed in line with best practices and standards known to yield high-quality asphalt pavements.
The NAPA Awards Program recognizes and encourages continuous improvement in all aspects of paving and asphalt operations. The 2018 NAPA Awards program is accepting nominations. Quality in Construction Award nominations and Operational Excellence Award nominations are due by Oct. 4.
For more information about the NAPA Awards program, or to nominate a project or company for an award, visit www.AsphaltPavement.org/Awards.