Cat® B-Prefix hydraulic hammers, available in B4(s) and B6(s) silenced and B4 and B6 non-silenced versions, are designed for “plug-and-play” operation with a range of compact equipment — while delivering optimum life-cycle value. The new hammers are suited for skid steer loaders, multi-terrain loaders, compact track loaders, mini hydraulic excavators (3- to 8-ton operating weights), and backhoe loaders working in a range of construction and light-demolition applications, including site prep, landscaping, masonry, and concrete breaking. The B-Prefix hammers use a simple design that ensures reliability, versatility, ease-of-use and maintenance. As a package solution, the matching Caterpillar-designed hydraulic kits are also offered and the best fit for Cat machines providing customers a breaker package with superior design and benefits.
• Simple, reliable industry-standard modular design with two moving parts in the piston and valve
• Flat-top mounting enables compact working envelope and compatibility with a full complement of brackets to suit preference of coupler, linkage kinematics, or machine size
• Bushings are field-replaceable and lower bushing can be rotated 90 degrees for improved wear performance
• Included toolbox contains charging kit, hammer paste and spare parts
• Housings are designed to facilitate common maintenance items. Grease fitting and gas pressure check point are easily accessed with hammer on machine
• Gas-fired operation cycle delivers consistent, long-term high production
• Cylinder, back-head, front-head, piston and tool are manufactured with high quality materials and processes
• Heavy-duty housing construction protects against breakage and wear
• Piston transfers long shock waves into material; piston diameters are matched for maximum energy transfer; piston design and surface finish provide superior oil retention and seal life
• Inward type oil control valve has high structural integrity and low failure rate
• Interchangeability between H-prefix and B-prefix models
Tool types for the new hammers include moil, cone, parallel and transverse chisel and blunt, allowing the hammer to be adapted to an extensive range of applications.
To view the top-mount product specs, visit their website.